Wednesday, August 23, 2006

 

A good weekend's climbing

Well I took Monday (21 Aug) off work (time in lieu since I've been on call a lot lately). Paul and I had already planned to go to Mount Stanley on Sunday and Felltimber on Monday. When I went into town on Saturday morning to buy some bread I saw Ben Mace and he was heading to Felltimber that afternoon, so I went and did some bouldering with him. Sunday we spent out at Mount Stanley. Was good to find out where the Talon block actually is, although I didn't hop on that climb. In the morning we started at Grendel Corner. I followed Ciaominh up a 17 face climb (which had a couple of tricky moves to begin with) and then attempted to lead a 19 crack on Paul's gear. I got spanked a few times before I managed to pull through the crux, but just as I was getting to the good jambs I slipped and went back down again. Decided to leave that one for another day. When we headed over to the Talon area, I led a nice little flake-crack thing which ate all my big cams - a very nice climb. I also tried a grade 17 slab which seemed very difficult. Paul made it look easy (of course) by smearing where there was no foot-holds.
On Monday, we went out to Felltimber at about 2pm and I got up Pimp Daddy Superstar (20) with 3 rests (did the crux move second shot). Was pleased with this as my New Year's resolution was to lead a grade 20 and this one seems doable - considering it was my first time on it and I was feeling a bit sore from the previous couple of days.
Bouldering in the garage on Tuesday made it 4 days in a row.
The only worthwhile picture I took on Sunday is a panorama which I upload to Flickr (here).
Paul posted a few photos and a little trip report on Chockstone (here).

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?