Wednesday, January 17, 2007

 

Let's see....

Well, a lot has happened since my last post...
What can I say about getting married? It was great. We had great weather and the day ran pretty much according to plan, despite Marcel trying very hard to be sick. The ceremony was very nice and everyone has been saying they had heaps of fun at the reception. Was extremely tired by the end of the day.
Our honeymoon was really good too... one night in Dunedin, 3 in Queenstown, 1 in Wanaka, 1 in Haast, 1 in Fox Glacier and 3 in Christchurch. Highlights were the whitewater rafting on the Shotover River, Arthur's Pass, Queenstown in general and seeing some real mountains (Mt Cook and Mt Tasman). One day when I can boulder properly I will go to Castle Hill...
After all the wedding gifts we had heaps of money and ended up getting a Saeco coffee machine (which I use every day now), a Bose sound system (Lifestyle 18 Series III) and a sandstone outdoor setting (2.4m long with 6 wrought iron chairs). I am still setting up the sound system as there are many features.
Christmas was also very generous... I got a ThermaRest (old one is leaky), battery-powered lantern (which is surprisingly bright), quite a few books for my SF collection, the 19" widescreen LCD screen I am currently looking at, Hard Grit and E11 (climbing DVDs) and some other smaller presents like calendars and boxers.
New Year I'd intended to spend sitting under the stars at Mt Pilot and doing some night climbing... but the weather was not good enough. So I pretty much stayed at home.
Jan 6-7 saw us in Hobart for Steve Irrgang's wedding. Saturday morning we went to Salamanca markets where I bought some books and we got parked in... The wedding was very nice, and the reception was in a rowing club right on the water. Water taxi is a very stylish way to depart! On the Sunday we went for a drive up Mt Wellington... there had been a crash and apparently one of the drivers pulled a knife! On our way down the fire department, police and ambulance had all arrived and the road had been shut.
Last Sunday Ben, Nikki, Andrew, Adrian and I went to Mt Stanley and I led my 2nd trad 16 (which I was happy about). Also got on a 19 (Western Exposure) which I hope to lead next time out there.
The bushfires are pretty bad and when there's a southerly it gets very smoky... I hope Mt Buffalo doesn't get burnt out again.
Trying to do more training (pull-ups, curls, sit-ups) but it is very very hot even until 10.30. And I am not a morning person. Maybe I just need to bite the bullet and get up early (but not tomorrow since it just went past midnight).

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?